This is a really simple recipe with great results. When I was brainstorming ideas for AlphaBakes 'R', I thought of raspberries, rhubarb and rosemary. I've already baked something with the first 2 ingredients so I started looking for recipes with rosemary. I had previously bookmarked a rosemary and parmesan biscuit but came across this on BBC Good Food and decided to give it a go. I'm so glad I did as it turned out beautifully. The rosemary was really fragrant although a lot of people could not guess what it was initially. The taste is subtle but definitely present and complemented the walnuts. This is a lovely, buttery shortbread with the distinct aroma and flavour of rosemary and crunch of walnuts.
As mentioned, I am entering this to AlphaBakes which I am hosting this month. This challenge is co-hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes. The letter for June 2013 is 'R' for rosemary.
I very rarely get a chance to join in Herbs on Saturday hosted by Karen from Lavender and Lovage as I don't often bake with herbs so I'm really excited to participate this month.
325g plain flour
200g salted butter
125g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
60g walnuts, chopped
- Put the flour and butter in a food processor and whizz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and rosemary and whizz to a dough.
- Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead in the walnuts.
- Shape into a log about 5cm across.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4.
- Slice the dough into biscuits and arrange on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool.


0 comments:
Post a Comment