I actually made this a few weeks ago but have not had a chance to post about it. This is a simple recipe from Mary Berry. I love the addition of nutmeg which really complements the banana flavour. I still can't decide on my favourite banana bread recipe and I have tried quite a few! I seem to always have over-ripe bananas and they almost always get turned into cake or bread.
Do you have a favourite banana bread recipe?
225g self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
100g butter
3 bananas
100g caster sugar
grated rind of 1 lemon
2 extra large eggs
6 tablespoons thick honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease and base line a 900g loaf tin with greased greaseproof paper.
- Measure the flour and nutmeg into a large bowl and rub in the butter using the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Peel and mash the bananas and stir into the flour mixture with the sugar, lemon rind, eggs and honey.
- Beat well until evenly mixed, then turn into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 and 1/4 hours or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
0 comments:
Post a Comment